I wanted to go out of my comfort zone by playing with different liners other than blue, brown and black so I choose this graphic liner set from colourpop cosmetics as they had vibrant colour in their combo pack plus in my budget. When I ordered there was a discount taking place which helped me to save some money on shipping as well as 5% discount on the product. I hope by now you guys will be aware about the custom duty charges which has to be born by your own pocket and the charges varies from country to country. So, let’s dive straight it to the review.
Price- Aed. 146.35 for 0.019 fl.oz. (0.55ml)
introducing bff liquid liner, our first ever precision felt tip liquid eyeliner pen. the easy to use, flexible tip glides on smoothly with intense pigmentation in one swipe without skipping or tugging. she’s with you from thin to thick, from a sleek wing to a full-on cat eye, she’ll build you up and won’t let you down. find a friend that keeps you looking sharp all day, this transfer resistant formula won’t smudge, feather or run.
- Try Me (Bright red)- water, acrylates copolymer, butylene glycol, beheneth-30, alcohol, pentylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, 1,2-hexanediol, ethylhexylglycerin, sodium polyaspartate, disodium edta, sodium hydroxide, phenoxyethanol, sodium dehydroacetate, carmine (ci 75470), iron oxides (ci 77491).
- Ducky (bright bubblegum pink)- water, acrylates copolymer, butylene glycol, beheneth-30, 1,2-hexanediol, alcohol, caprylyl glycol, disodium edta, ethylhexylglycerin, pentylene glycol, sodium polyaspartate, phenoxyethanol, sodium dehydroacetate, carmine (ci 75470), titanium dioxide (ci 77894).
- MakeLuv (Canary Yellow)- water, acrylates copolymer, butylene glycol, sodium polyaspartate, alcohol, beheneth-30, phenoxyethanol, pentylene glycol, 1,2-hexanediol, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin, sodium dehydroacetate, disodium edta, iron oxides (ci 77492), titanium dioxide (ci 77891).
- Crzy (deep sapphire)- water, styrene/acrylates copolymer, butylene glycol, beheneth-30, sodium polyaspartate, phenoxyethanol, pentylene glycol, aminomethyl propanol, 1,2-hexanediol, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin, disodium edta, sodium dehydroacetate, black 2 (ci 77266), ferric ammonium ferrocyanide (ci 77510).
- Graceland (true white liquid liner)- water, butylene glycol, acrylates copolymer, alcohol, 1, 2-hexanediol, beheneth-30, sodium polyaspartate, acrylates/octylacrylamide copolymer, phenoxyethanol, aluminum hydroxide, pentylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin, sodium hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, disodium edta, titanium dioxide (ci 77891).
My experience with this product–
The Packaging is pretty simple as they have sticked to the basics nothing sexy or attractive. It comes with the 5 different shades of eyeliner which are red, pink, yellow, blue and white. The eyeliners were visible through the package and the best part is that the name mentioned on the liner pencil represents each shades which makes my job easy to identify the shades from a lot of makeup.
The consistency is good enough and texture is really smooth on eyes. The tip of the eyeliner did not hurt my eyes plus the grip on the eyeliner pencil is amazing. It’s easy to control the flow of liner which is important for me to get the winged crisp look. I did notice that once the eyeliner sets, it turns into smudge proof liner. Now the realistic thing is, there are many brands in the market which mentions about or claims their product to be smudgeproof but most of them fails. Trust me when I say this, these eyeliners are actually smudge proof and you need a good eye remover to remove it. I use the blue and red eyeliner shade regularly for my office and it’s so quick and easy to get that bold decent eye look; it really changes my whole mood. Let me describe each shades for you-
- Try Me (Bright red)- The red color turns to be burnt red or brick red when applied on medium skin tone but color looks amazing though.
- Ducky (bright bubblegum pink)- This shade does not pop up much on the medium skin tone and as mentioned it’s a bubble pink shade. The colour payoff is okayish. I had to reapply it atleast 2-3 times to let the color pops on my eyes.
- MakeLuv (Canary Yellow)- I am disappointed with this shade as its look like I have applied turmeric on my eye. May be this will look good on fair skin tone but didn’t go well with me personally.
- Crzy (deep sapphire)- This is the shade with amazing payoff and has a dark navy blue shade which almost appears to be black. Not sure how this shade will look on fair skin tone but on medium skin tone it was looking stunning but not blue. It’s difficult to make out that you are wearing dark blue eyeliner until and unless you see blue shade while removing the liner from eyes.
- Graceland (true white liquid liner)- This eyeliner has my heart. The colour payoff and pigment is just amazing. Its actually a true white and I enjoyed playing with this shade.
The one thing I noticed about this eyelines are they do not work properly on eyeshadows. I literally had to warm up the tip of the eyeliner and had to make it work on my eyeshadow which was a real effort and struggle. If the tip of eyeliner pencil is not closed it will dry up the tip completely which ultimately will be pain in the ass. At last, after paying custom duty the amount equals to the price we pay for a drug store products so it’s a personal choice what one would prefer.
Overall, I loved few shades and share love and hate relationship with this product. I would highly recommend white and red eyeliner as the color payoff is amazing. The reason I did not mentioned blue is b’coz Lakme blue liner is amazing both colour and price wise.
If you have used this eyeliner, do let me know your thoughts on the same.
- Its offers 5 different shades
- Travel friendly and sturdy design
- Grip on the liner is amazing which makes it easy to control the shape of the eyeliner.
- Its smudge proof and does not bleed.
- Staying power is amazing and need good makeup remover to remove it.
- Have to pay custom duty while receiving the product
- Fews shades does not work well.
- If eyeliner is kept open, tip will dry up completely and will be difficult to work.
- Does not work on eyeshadows and really have to put some efforts to make it work.