I hope you all are doing great.
Today I will be talking about Colourpop cosmetic brand “super shock shadows” which made huge news in year 2018 and took the entire beauty blogging indusrty running behind them. ColourPop is a great affordable makeup brand and it’s famous for creme-powder eyeshadow formulations.
I got this product during Black Friday Sale for $5/- each. I grabbed 3 super shock shadows in shade Twitterpated, Here we go Again and Special Delivery. Unfortunately this shades were limited and now cant be seen on their website.
Our revolutionary creme-powder eyeshadow, famous for its unique bouncy texture, delivers bold colour & fine glitter in one swipe without creasing, fading or fallout.
CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, ISODODECANE, BORON NITRIDE, C30-45 ALKYL CETEARYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, SILICA, DIMETHICONE/VINYLTRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE CROSSPOLYMER, PHENOXYETHANOL, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL, TIN OXIDE, MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), MICA (CI 77019), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891).
My experience with this product-
The packaging is very simple and covered the shadows with thin cardboard box. The shadow comes in a white round shape pot with a transulant plastic top which make easier to identify your favourite eyeshadow shade. As this is a cream based formulae the lid need to be screwed up tightly or else it will end up drying the shade. Tip- If they end up drying, add couple of drops of Inglot’s Duraline to rehydrate them.
The texture is creamy, buttery and so soft that they leave behind your finger prints on the shade (lols). when I placed the finger on shadows for the first time they felt like a mouse but immediately dry down to a powder finish once applied to the skin.
Consistency of shadow is amazing with a zero fallout.Staying power is supereb as once applued stays for 10 hours with primer on and 7 hours without primer after which it slightly starts fading. The shades does not crease even in humid climate. I have carried this shades for my baby shower function and trust me it stayed for over 10 hours with absolutely no fading, creasing or smudging. Its easily blendable and the colour payoff is amazing when applied with finger tip. Being on a lower price range they did not compromised on quality. its easily wipes off and does not burn or irritate eyes.
1. Shade “Here we go Again” is a warm gold glitter shade. The pigmentation is damn good and can be seen in the first swipe. you can build the intensity based on the look you need. Dupe- in harmony
2. Shade “Twitterpated” is a glittery pink warm shade. This shade is good for highlighting inner corners of eyes and brow bone plus it can be patted on any other dark shadow which is a game changer. Dupe- set to stun
3. Shade ” Special Delivery” is a glittery green shade with gold flakes in it. This shade is good for highlighting inner corners of eyes and brow bone plus it can be patted on any other dark shadow which is a game changer. Dupe- mint 4 U
Overall, I am happy with the products as it is pocket friendly, travel friendly and good quality. The shade differs from the shade shown on their websites so better to go with bestseller or editor choice or award shades just to be on a safer side. I highly recommend them.
- Cream based eyeshadow with a unique bouncy texture
- Dries out quickly once applied on skin
- Some of the shades are highly pigmented
- No creasing and fading
- Amazing staying power
- Zero Fallout
- Pocket Friendly
- Travel Friendly
- The shade differs from the shade shown on their websites. Better go for bestseller shades.