Let’s talk about loose powder and what it does to our Makeup. I am sure many of you must be using it, but I would like to educate those who doesn’t have an idea what this powder do to your makeup. Loose Powder is technically used over foundation/concealer or cream products to seal the consistency of the product and prevent it from creasing. It is also used for baking and highlighting certain areas of the face. Ladies with oily to combination skin should use this powder as it helps to control the oil, mattifies skin, blur the skin and keep makeup in place. My first loose powder from Make up forever Ultra HD Loose Powder in shade translucent or colorless powder. So lets dive in to the product for more details.
Price- Aed. 175/- for 8.5 gm
- Make Up For Ever’s Ultra HD Microfinish Loose Powder is a technically advanced formula designed to appear invisible.
- In three great shades suiting all skins.
- Adapts to every skin tone even mixed race, black and very olive tones without a trace of ashiness or detectability.
- Created for the TV and Film industry, this Ultra HD advanced formula remains invisible under the latest High Definition 4K camera technology and also to the naked eye making this an essential piece of kit for any professional Make Up Artist or actress, model, presenter etc.
- Good enough for the Professional Make Up Artists, it also works brilliantly for personal, everyday use as a last step, finishing powder to your makeup routine.
- Provides a super lightweight, soft matte finish for a smooth luminous complexion.
- An invisible veil of powder combining synthetic mica, silicone powders and silica to instantly blur fine lines, pores and imperfections for a beautifully radiant, smooth complexion.
- Enriched with hyaluronic acid.
- Handy container has a soft mesh domed sifter lid for cleaner application.
- For the perfect professional HD result, use sparingly (only a small amount of product is required) and blend evenly using a high quality Kabuki brush.
- Can be worn alone or applied over make up.
Silica ● Phenoxyethanol ● Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer. 10685/A
My experience with this product-
The product comes in a cardboard box with brand and product name printed on it with other details on the back of the carboard box. The product comes in a transparent container with black sturdy lid on it which look very classy. I loved the way they have provided the net on the powder which helps to have a good control on the powder and gives a less chance to fall out from the container. The packaging is sturdy which qualifies in the list of travel friendly product.
The texture is very powdery, silky and smooth on the skin. As stated, it is a finely milled powder and light in weight. The product consistency is good can be seen on the brush in just one dab. Being a micro finished powder, expect it to go in the nose while dabbing on the skin. The tingling feeling have made me uncomfortable as I started sneezing. It does not have any kind of aroma in it.
When I used it for the first time I was literally amazed to see how it has blurred my skin plus controlled sheen on my T zone area. Even I have noticed that my make stayed longer and budge proof. It has a soft matte finish and provide a luminous glow on the skin. I don’t have pores so can’t really comment on that part. This powder is a game changer especially for the ladies who have combination to oily skin. It can also used on everyday basis and can be worn alone on the skin to get the luminous glow. It has perfect and a soft focused finish which looks incredible on the camera (without flash) and through naked eyes.
Please note, if you are using flash while clicking photos, it’s better to use setting spray on the powder or else it will be a huge disappointment to see the picture after click. It will show all the areas where white/ colorless HD powder has been used or dust it pretty well with clean brush. I am sure no one wants that.
Overall, I am happy with the product. It does all the magic to your skin as claimed by the brand except while using flash expect some white patch to be shown in picture wherever the powder is used. To save from that, always use a setting spray.
- Sturdy and elegant packaging
- Soft and luminous powder
- Control oil and mattifies skin
- Translucent and light in weight
- Blur the fine lines
- Travel friendly
- Can be used on everyday basis
- Sets makeup and make it last long
- Leaves white patch behind which is invisible to naked eyes but captured by flash if not dusted of properly.
(Note- Silica in general can produce such horrible makeup patches, but only if you use too much of it and don’t buff it properly)